Well, I’m now 30. Times are a marching on and I need a husband…hence my new 52 First Dates concept. Along with the fabulous C_T_S we will endeavour to have one first date every week for the next year in a bid to find a man. There’s no ‘Bachelor’ quick fix for us, no laid on dates, no well deserving beautiful men carefully selected by a judging panel. This is an all out bid to find ‘the one’ and to stop all this blog whinging about not having a man. I want a husband. I am not desperate, I am just putting myself out there to meet lots of nice guys and see if a spark turns into a raging fire.
This concept has really been created because finding the momentum to keep dating can be difficult. Unless you set aside time to actually go out and meet someone for coffee, or a drink, or dinner, the weeks can quickly blur by. It takes effort to find a date, to get ready, to spend an evening with your game face on….but I hope it’ll be worth it in the end. So here goes, both me and C_T_S will be blogging and tweeting about 52 First Dates with weekly updates. If we can’t find a husband after a year of 52 dates then we’re doomed, and it is to be hoped that, actually, this concept is flawed and we meet Mr Right very early on and can retire happy and coupled. We may also need your help as the week’s progress to find more dates. So if we start getting desperate, please send suitable bachelors our way!
1. A first date must be had, EVERY week.
2. A hookup is NOT a date, nor is ‘inviting a guy round for a chat with alterior motive’ otherwise this concept would just be slutty.
3. Second and Third dates are allowed, but we MUST continue First dates unless there is something really special…we’re out to find Mr Right here so I’m all for exclusivity as quickly as possible.
4. More than one date a week can be had, but this does not roll onto the following week.
5. Each date must be blogged.